Banana Fruit Smoothie:
- One small banana
- 2 cups of frozen fruit (Strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, mango, or any other favorite fruit.)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of low-fat vanilla yogurt
Prep- Place ingredients into your blender and blend on high.
Frozen Apple Sauce/Fruit Cups:
- 1 cup of Chunky Apple Sauce
- 10 once package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 11 once can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 cup grapes, if desired
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
Prep- Combine all ingredients, then spoon fruit mixture into individual dishes or paper cups. Let them freeze until firm. Wait 30mins before serving.
- 1 avocado, ripe and soft
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Prep- 1. Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Remove pit. Remove the inside pulp to a small bowl. Mash with a fork.
2. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, minced garlic and salt. Mix well.
3. Serve at room temperature or chilled with cut vegetables (carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower …), crackers or pita bread.
Trail Mix Snack:
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mixed color raisins or Craisins (or both)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
-Mix all of it together.Spread evenly on oiled baking sheet.Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Cool and break up any lumps. Oven heated at 375°F.
Also other healthy snack options:
- Pumpkin or sesame seeds
- All fruits and Vegetables
- Fat Free Yogurt
- Dark Chocolate
- Peanut Butter(spread on something)
Note: Be sure to eat only the recommended portion sizes. Do not over eat. Maintain a healthy calorie intake.